Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Stars

Hi, crafty friends!

I am showcasing this card (which is actually an easel card) that I made for the Aurora Wings Challenge Blog.  The current theme is "Once Upon a Time".  What a wonderful theme!  

This glorious image "Stars" by Mitzi reminded me of the German fairy tale "Rapunzel" by the Brothers Grimm.  She is a beautiful princess who has long, magical, golden hair.  You can find this beautiful image in Mitzi's etsy shop here, and she is currently on sale:


A close-up:


She is coloured with my beloved Copic markers and FC Polychromos pencils.  Here is a side view:


I always have such fun making my own flowers.  The beads for the hatpin, pearls and trim at the top are from my stash.  I used Spellbinder's "Fleur de Lis Rectangles" die and "Twisted Metal Tags and Accents" die.

I wish you a lovely day!  Lori P xx







6 comments:

  1. Whoa, lady! Love, love, LOVE your creative take on our theme, and the fabulous idea of using Stars as Rapunzel. What a perfect choice and what glorious, magical coloring. The design and color scheme are beautiful, especially with all of the "Super Lori" details. Thanks so much for joining our "Once Upon a Time" challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Donna, how gratifying it is so receive such flattering compliments. I sincerely appreciate it. You are always so kind and sweet. Thank you very much! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous interpretation of our challenge theme, Lori! Beautiful coloring in a very pretty palette! Absolutely stunning. Thank you for joining us at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sincerely thank you for your wonderful feedback, Mitzi! I always enjoy your themes and, of course, your gorgeous images. xx

      Delete
  4. Eeeeeep!! Lori, this is fabulous!! Love your design, coloring, and the fabulous details!! Thanks so much for sharing your Rapunzel inspired project with us at AWCB <3
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so cute, Susan! Thank you so much. I am very appreciative! xx

      Delete