Thursday, October 11, 2018

Ballerina Kitty

Hi there, peeps!

Well, another rainy day here. The theme at Aurora Wings Challenge Blog this month is a wonderful one ("Inspired by Music").  https://aurorawingschallenge.blogspot.com/  As we all know, the power of music is remarkable in so many ways.  

I decided to use Aurora Wings'  gorgeous "Ballerina Kitty" because, as a little girl, I always wanted to take ballet lessons.  Unfortunately, it didn't happen but there's not a day that goes by that I don't listen to music.  This delightful image makes me think of Tchaikovsky's beautiful ballet "Swan Lake".   It can be found here:



I made my own piano template.  I love to make piano shaped cards and so I've used this template a number of times.  The black keys are raised with 3-D dots.  It's tedious work but I am pleased with the results. Here is a close-up of the sweet image:


When the card is opened, you can see the piano shape:


She is coloured with Copic markers and FC Polychromos pencils.  The corner die cut is made with Crafter's Companion's "Lace Corner" die.  The tiny leaves are made with Cheery Lynn Designs' "Flourish Leaf Strip" die.   My flowers are handmade.  Ribbon and Swarovski crystals are from my stash. I'm am going to enter this card on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog as well.  http://thepapershelter.blogspot.com/ 

Have a lovely day!  Lori P xx



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful image for our Music and Dance theme love your colouring. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your lovely compliment, Shirley! I truly appreciate it! Hugs xx

      Delete
  2. This is stunning Lori, I do love these kitten ballerinas.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Linda! I agree, these kitten ballerinas are darling. Hugs. xx

      Delete
  3. EEEEK! Lori, I just ADORE this! Ballerina kitty is purrecious and I love her fur texture and gorgeous red tutu. My fave color scheme with the pops of yellow and green is bold and amazing with the piano base! Gorgeous details, as well. Love, love, LOVE! I too wanted to take ballet as a little girl, but my mom told me that my ice skating was "ballet on ice". I did actually take lessons later as an adult with my BFF which was sort of a hoot. Have to say your card is totally charming and really makes me smile. Thanks so much for joining our "Inspired by Music" challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love reading your comments, Donna! And, I also had a good chuckle reading about your "ballet on ice" story; very creative of your mom - LOL! Thank you so much for your wonderful compliment. You certainly brightened my day. Hugs xx

      Delete
  4. Stunning card constructions Lori for this beautiful image. An amazing card. Thank you so much for joining us at the Aurora Wings Challenge.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Laine! I just love to work with Mitzi's gorgeous images. They are so sophisticated and elegant. xx

      Delete
  5. Wow your card is absolutely stunning !
    Hugs
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, what a Lovely card. Love the cute image and your card is pretty, great piano edge. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week.

    ReplyDelete