Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Angel Wishes by Conie Fong

Hello, crafty friends!  This month's Facebook theme over at Conie Fong's Art and Design Group is "Always Anything Goes" with an option of  "Anything But a Card". 
  https://www.facebook.com/groups/396730687168777/
This is my DT inspirational project:


I started off with the cute wooden box that houses Brie cheese by President:

I coated the entire box with gesso.  Then, I painted it with purple acrylic paint.  Finally, I applied Mod Podge (matte finish) all over it to seal it.

I used the darling "Angel Wishes" image by Conie Fong, found here in her etsy shop:
I coloured this beautiful image with Copics and FC Polychromos pencils.  I glued the patterned paper, the image and the frames onto the box and applied Mod Podge over them. 

I wanted the lace (which was white) to match so I dyed it purple with Glimmer Mist, and glued it around the box.  I lined the insides of the box (top and bottom) with white felt. Lastly, I added the flowers and other embellishments and, voila, my finished box!
Here are some other views:
  


I had so much fun creating this altered box.  Hope you have a lovely day.  Hugs, Lori xx 

Materials and Tools Used 

Frame:     Spellbinders "Label 18" dies
Flourish:  Cheery Lynn "Fanciful Flourish" die (small)
Flowers:   EK Success "Gardenia" punch, Fiskars punch (small)

Gesso, Mod Podge, lace, floss, gems, prills, Glimmer Mist, acrylic paint and felt are from my stash.

Challenges Entered

The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog
Colour Crazy Craft Challenges Blog
Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog
Crafty Friends Challenge Blog
Creative Moments Challenge Blog
Crafting by Designs Challenge Blog



9 comments:

  1. This is such a fabulous project !
    Greetz
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing upcycling!!! Such fabulous box, so sweet and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, love this gorgeous angel. Beautiful piece of upcycling.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so sweet, and what a clever use of that container! You have colored this so well. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Colour Crazy Challenge. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lori… Thanks for joining our ‘use lace and/or ribbon’ challenge with your beautiful recycled box… Beautiful colouring of a gorgeous image. Your gift will certainly brighten someone's day! Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck in the draw!
    Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a gorgeous creation,Beautiful colours too, thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter this time, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining in at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge. such a gorgeous project and your colouring is lovely. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete